Examination of nominations and minor modifications to the boundaries of naturel, mixed and cultural properties to the World Heritage List - Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Ohrid Region (FORMER YUGOSLAVIC REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-08/32.COM/8B.Add, WHC-08/32.COM/INF.8B1.Add and WHC-08/32.COM/INF.8B2,
2. Refers the proposed modification to the boundary of the Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Ohrid Region, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, back to the State Party for reconsideration;
3. Requests the State Party (following the IUCN evaluation) to consider realigning the boundary of the property, preferably along topographic or other features recognisable in the field, to include all of Galičica National Park and other critical areas, and creating an appropriate buffer zone to protect the catchment of Lake Ohrid;
4. Notes the ICOMOS evaluation recommending approval of the minor modification of boundary under cultural criteria for the Natural and Cultural Heritage of the Ohrid Region, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia;
5. Encourages the States Parties of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia and Albania to cooperate towards a transboundary extension of the property to include the Albanian part of Lake Ohrid and its watershed to strengthen the values and integrity of the property;
6. Requests the State Party to submit a detailed scaled map and figures for the area of the property by 1 February 2009.