32 COM 8B.41
Examination of nomination of natural, mixed and cultural proprerties to the World Heritage List - Cultural Landscape of Buenos Aires (ARGENTINA)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Recalling that the nomination by Argentina had not initially been contemplated for examination at the Committee's present session because of the annual limit set out in paragraph 61 of the Operational Guidelines,
2. Noting that withdrawals of nominations had opened an opportunity for the nomination of Argentina to come within the aforesaid annual limit planned for examination,
3. Having been informed by Argentina that because of this unforeseen and possible prejudicial development it did not wish to have its nomination examined at the 32nd session;
4. Considers that paragraph 61 of its Operational Guidelines offers this possibility in the case of nominations initially excluded by the annual limit set out in that paragraph;
5. Decides therefore to examine the nomination "Cultural Landscape of Buenos Aires (Argentina)" at its 33rd session in 2009.