Decision : 32 COM 8B.30
Examination of nomination of natural, mixed and cultural proprerties to the World Heritage List - Spa of Luhačovice (CZECH REPUBLIC)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-08/32.COM/8B and WHC-08/32.COM/INF.8B1,
2. Defers the examination of the nomination of the Spa of Luhačovice - area with a collection of historic spa buildings and spa-related facilities, Czech Republic, to the World Heritage List in order to allow the State Party to conduct a more thorough study of the nominated property, particularly in the framework of a global thematic study of thermalism.
3. Recommends, in the interest of better management of the property, independently of inscription on the List, the following:
- a) specify which organisation is in charge of coordinating and applying the management plan, its practical and financial authority, and the schedule for its setting up and operation;
- b) carry out an impact study concerning facilities for future visitors;
- c) complete the individual technical inventory of the buildings, providing considerably more detail about the works to be carried out, with precise recommendations and complying with international standards for historic building restoration.