Kasbah of Algiers (Algeria)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.44, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Notes the information provided by the State Party on the actions undertaken for the implementation of the first phase of the Permanent safeguarding plan;
4. Urges the State Party, in accordance with paragraph 5 of Decision 29 COM 7B.44, to pursue the measures for the rehabilitation of the Kasbah of Algiers;
5. Requests the State Party to transmit to the World Heritage Centre a topographic or cadastral map clearly indicating the boundaries and the surface of the property inscribed, as well as a buffer zone;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a thorough report on the state of conservation of the property and on the implementation of the safeguarding plan and rehabilitation actions, as well as on the Documentation Centre financed by the World Heritage Fund, for examination by the Committee at its 33nd session, in 2009.