Tentative Lists of States Parties
The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-07/31COM/8A,
- Reaffirming that Tentative Lists are instrumental for planning purposes and for comparative analysis of properties to be nominated for inscription on the World Heritage List,
- Stressing the importance of assistance by the World Heritage Centre, at countries' request, in the development of Tentative Lists,
- Requests the World Heritage Centre, in consultation with the Advisory Bodies, to propose a revision of Part II. C ("Tentative Lists") of the Operational Guidelines, in order to clarify the procedures of technical analysis by the World Heritage Centre and to ensure that properties proposed on the Tentative Lists are consistent with properties already inscribed on the World Heritage List;
- Further requests the World Heritage Centre to present to the World Heritage Committee, at its 32nd session in 2008, a proposal in this regard.