State of Conservation (Historic Centre of Mexico City and Xochimilco)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling the results of the November 2002 ICOMOS mission findings and Decisions 27 COM 7B.95 and 29 COM 7B.103 adopted at its 27th (UNESCO, 2003) and 29th (Durban, 2005) sessions respectively;
3. Congratulates the State Party for the results reached to present in regards to the Xochimilco project;
4. Reminds the State Party that it is absolutely necessary to follow-up on these achievements (completion and implementation of the management plan and creation of a management unit); and that an inconclusive process may jeopardize the participatory commitment achieved and threaten the property;
5. Requests the State Party and ICOMOS to consult with IUCN on the conservation and effective management of Natural Areas and Ecological Zones in order to ensure the protection of the natural environment of the heritage site;
6. Further requests that the State Party submit a detailed and specific report to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, on the measures to be taken with respect to the lowering of the water table beneath the World Heritage property and the implementation of the management plan for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.