The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.90, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Also recalling the recommendations of the previous monitoring missions of 1999, 2003 and 2005,
4. Urges the State Party not to proceed with the construction of the planned airport at Rio Amarillo Valley. The two ICOMOS missions of 2003 and 2005 based on visits to the sites and the environmental impact studies done by the Government of Honduras, as well as by independent organizations, have shown the negative impact that the construction of this airport will have on the cultural resources, the traditional social networks, the beliefs and values of the indigenous people, and the landscape. The State Party is encouraged to consult closely with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies on the appropriate steps to be taken;
5. Requests the State Party submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2007, the terms of reference for conducting a Public Use Study for the management of the future Rio Amarillo Archaeological Park to complement the already existent management plan;
6. Further requests the State Party to continue monitoring the state of conservation of the Copan Hieroglyphic Stairway, based on the programme developed by the Getty Conservation Institute;
7. Requests moreover the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2007, a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property and on the progress made in the implementation of the above recommendations, for the examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.