State of Conservation (Colonial City of Santo Domingo)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.93 adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Strongly recommends closer institutional coordination among the different governmental departments in approving and supervising restoration and rehabilitation works in the Colonial City of Santo Domingo;
4. Encourages the adoption, and strict enforcement of the new law on monumental heritage; the adoption of the Integrated Revitalisation Plan and the implementation of the related actions proposed; and the adoption and full implementation of the Risk Management Plan for the Zona Colonial;
5. Encourages furthermore the revision of the nomination documents including the establishment of a buffer, as proposed by the State Party, for the protection of the site, and the early submission of this proposal to the World Heritage Committee for review;
6. Requests the States Party to submit a progress report by 1 February 2007 on progress made in addressing all of the above points, including the outcomes of the efforts made to improve the management of the property (as in the earlier case of the historic core of the Hostal de Ovando in 2002), for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.