The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Notes that the State Party has taken the initiative to invite a mission to the property, and provided detailed information in reply to issues raised in the mission report including the project proposal for the Viru Hotel extension and the naval port;
3. Encourages the national authorities to carefully review and revise the Viru Hotel project, taking into account the Vienna Memorandum on "World Heritage and Contemporary Architecture, Managing the Historic Urban Landscape" (2005), and requests the State Party to keep the World Heritage Centre informed of future developments in the Viru Hotel project and the naval port;
4. Urges the State Party to prepare a comprehensive management plan for the property and its buffer zone;
5. Notes that the State Party has addressed the issue of the transportation of hazardous materials and requests the State Party to carry out an overall risk assessment;
6. Further requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with an updated report on the issues above by 1 February 2007 including a progress report on the revision of the Viru Hotel project for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 31st session in 2007.