State of Conservation (Butrint)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7A.27, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Notes the authorities' continuing efforts towards the improvement of the general situation of the site;
4. Notes with satisfaction that the State Party expanded the area of Butrint National Park and thereupon the buffer zone of the World Heritage property and requests the State Party to submit the relevant documents including maps of the revised buffer zone of the World Heritage property in accordance with chapter III.I of the Operational Guidelines;
5. Regrets that there has been no progress on the updating of the existing management plan and requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a detailed report by 1 February 2007 on the implementation of the 2005 mission's recommendations and the progress made with the updating and implementation of the integrated management plan of the property according to international standards, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 31st session in 2007;
6. Acknowledges that the State Party has invited a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM mission to the property in 2007, as requested in Decision 29 COM 7A.27, to assess the implementation of the decisions of the World Heritage Committee in cooperation with the State Party and submit a report on its findings at the 31st session in 2007.