The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29COM 7B.102, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Commends the State Party for the progress made in the establishment of the archaeological map of the property, the preparation of the decree for the new building code in the historic sectors of the city, the completion of the feasibility studies and impact assessment on the transformation of the commercial port into a tourist marina to be integrated within the second phase of the World Bank project;
4. Regrets however that the draft decree for the creation of an archaeological marine protection zone has not yet been approved by the Ministry of Transport;
5. Recommends the extension of the three-year moratorium on construction in the areas of potential archaeological interest, as well as the construction of the highway, until the survey and the map are completed;
6. Reiterates its request for a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission, in order to assess the impact of foreseen or on-going projects and to determine the overall state of conservation of the property and to consider the re-alignment of the proposed highway to avoid adverse impacts to the property;
7. Further requests the State Party to provide a detailed topographic map indicating the boundaries of the property possibly also defining a buffer zone for the protected area, and to submit a progress report on the above recommendations, and particularly on the archaeological map and possible further land use decisions, by 1 February 2007 for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.