The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.36, adopted during the 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Taking into account the pressure caused by development activities affecting the town of Djenné and the possible consequences to the property, as well as the lack of financial and technical resources, and competence within the Municipality of Djenné in the form of a qualified local authority who could be informed to threats to the property,
4. Requests the State Party to undertake all necessary measures to implement the recommendations of the March 2006 World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/ICCROM mission;
5. Encourages the State Party to submit a request for international assistance for the preparation of a management plan;
6. Also encourages the State Party to define a project aiming at identifying and promoting good practices of house rehabilitation with a view to adapting traditional architecture to the new use of living areas;
7. Further requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre, before 1 February 2007, with a state of conservation report of the property and progress achieved in the preparation of a management and conservation plan for the Old Towns of Djenné as recommended by the monitoring mission report, for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.