State of Conservation (Cape Floral Region Protected Areas)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Commends the State Party, SANParks, CapeNature, C.A.P.E. and the Working for Water and Working on Fire programmes for their continued conservation and development efforts in and around the Cape Floral Region Protected Areas;
3. Thanks the international donor community for its substantial support for the continued conservation and development efforts in and around the World Heritage property;
4. Notes with great concern that the important efforts to manage invasive alien species and fire are currently severely impeded by inadequate financial resources;
5. Urges the State Party to ensure that adequate financial resources are allocated and mobilised annually for proactive management of invasive alien species and fire in and around the sites of the serial World Heritage property as well as related awareness raising among visitors to the property and its surroundings;
6. Requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with a detailed report before 1 February 2007 on the state of conservation of the property for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.