Prambanan Workcamp (Indonesia)
Desa Prambanan Kabupaten Klaten Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
Du 31 july au 13 august 2008
The main aim of the camp is to help the local governement to reconstruct the Prambanan Temple Compounds (inscribe in World Heritage List in 1991) as well as to increase the awareness of the local youth to take active participation to preserve the World Heritage. The volunteers will help in the reconstruction work basically done by experts from the Indonesia National Department of Archaeology.
They will also undertake activity campaigns on the Patrimonito project like organizing open discussion with local youth on how youth can actively contribute to the protection and preservation of the World Heritage, study session about world cultural heritage together with local school and universities.
- Help in the governement effort to protect and preserve the World Heritage site of Prambanan Compound through the international work camp and international voluntary service.
- Establish link with the local and national governement, the Indonesia National Commission for UNESCO
- Invite media and the active participation of the local people in protecting and preserving the World Heritage site
- Sensitise the local people, local and national stakeholders toward the importance of protection and preservation of the World Heritage with different efforts and perspectives.
- Developing voluntary spirit among youth involved in the activity.
- Promoting International voluntary service as a form of independent activity that can support the government's effort in protecting and preserving the World Heritage sites.
Organisation responsible for the project
Indonesia International Work Camp (IIWC)
Departement Archeology of Central Java province and Jogjakarta province, Education Deparment of Klaten Regency, Education Department of Central Java province and Jogjakarta province, Tourism Department of Central Java province and Jogjakarta province.
National Archeology Department of Indonesia, National Education Department of Indonesia, Indonesia National Comission for UNESCO and UNESCO Club.
International Voluntary Service organization in the world, ASSEAN Youth Connect.