National Workshop on World Heritage Education in Central African Republic
BANGUI, Central African Republic, 17-19 February 2000
The National Workshop on World Heritage Education
The objective of the workshop was to familiarize teachers and educators with the World Heritage Education Resource Kit, discuss about possibilities to integrate World Heritage Education into the National school curriculum and to propose ameliorations to the existing Kit.
The participants of the workshop recommended:
- better use of mass media in sensitizing people for World Heritage protection
- to immediately launch protection measures when an environmental problem threats a World Heritage site
- to insert into World Heritage Education programs an increased sensitizing of students to environmental risks
- to organize a Committee in order to survey the national heritage inscribed to the UNESCO World Heritage List; and to organize a Survey and Evaluation Committee for the experimental project.
- UNESCO to provide the Central African schools appropriate didactic materials;
- to develop peace in the minds of young Central Africans
43 participants from Central African Republic, of which 35 teachers and 8 representatives from the Central African National Commission for UNESCO